I found an article that is very insightful and helpful in my journey with my son. It is called 5 Things Every Autistic Person Needs . I have struggled over whether to post anything about autism or my struggles with my son for fear he would come across it someday and somehow feel bad. But I want my extended family to better understand...because that is how we learn to love. Some of you may have a special needs child and you will relate and hopefully understand more. In fact the needs apply in some way to all of us. Sometimes I think I will never be a good enough parent for my child. However, I am learning that his uniqueness and challenges are a blessing for me to learn to be a far better parent than I could have dreamed. And for that I am grateful.
I love this image for the "Big MAK's" or Big Mom's of Autistic Kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment