Sunday, August 8, 2010

Crafty Mama

Is it me or do most women have this insatiable need to beautify everything in their home or surroundings?  I see things and they bug me and I want to make them look better.  So I finished a few craft projects to beautify storage and make use of space.  First I turned some plain white photo storage boxes into cute color coordinated boxes for my cards that I have out for sale.  They have cute color ones out there with different designs and such but nothing matched the colors in my craft room....so I had to make something if I wanted it to look right.  I used Stampin' Up ribbon, designer paper and brads for this.


Before I had cards in a functional plastic photo organizer, but it was not at all nice to look at.


So here is what it all looks like now.


I also added some vinyl accents to my wall.


I just love the flower accents. Die cutting is the best thing ever!


Next I have been wanting a cute magnet board for my craft room as well...to display more cards and ideas of course.  So I got an unfinished one at Robert's with a 40% off coupon and decided to finally do it.  I painted it white. 

I then did the faux ribbon hang to make it look cute.  And best of all I found an old ornate hook in the garage to use for my hook.


I also made the magnets with some Stampin' Up pattern paper and those clear stones.  I plan on making some more magnets...perhaps flowers or something.

I was going to add some brown vinyl accents to the frame...some type of flourish...but I haven't found just the right thing yet.    I always feel better about my day if I have made something cute or organized.  

No comments: