Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Do things Ever Settle Down?


With all the modern conveniences we have it seems we cram more and more into every single day. Every week I think, "oh this is just an extra hectic week. Next week it will settle down." Then next week comes and gets filled right up...almost to a bursting point. Last week I had or got to help with Addie's class party, help with a funeral lunch, do Activity Day Girls, help the kids get to scouts and ballett, help Levi do his American Hero report, help Addie finish her stuff for the Economics Sale, attend the 3rd grade Economics Sale, go visiting teaching, (had to make something extra cute for that...just because) and keep up with the usual housework and weekly homework and work part time for Palmer Wholesale. Don't forget Bre's Dr. visit in there somewhere and the shopping and Halloween festivities like the ward party, pumpkin carving etc.. My husband says I try to do too much. Well, now I am anxious about a whole new thing I have been called to. I was put in the Stake Young Women's Presidency last Sunday. Eeek! How did that happen? This is a whole new thing. I have never served in young women's before. I don't know, but sometimes I wonder if it is Ellen on the other side making things happen. I bet she is the one who helped me to find out about Asperger's Syndrome so I could understand my son Levi better. It was through visiting teaching that I discovered that. Yeah for Visiting Teaching! Well, lets all just take a breath and try and take things one day at a time I guess.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Good luck woth everything Amy. Sounds like you have a TON on your plate. You will be SO good in YW. When I heard them call you on Sunday I was thinking "that is PERFECT for Amy!" But at the same time, I know how hard it is to do something new ON TOP of everything else you are trying to get done. But like you metioned..there is ALWAYS a reason. Let me know if I can ever help in any way!